Sunday, August 18, 2013

4 months

I decided to write Brayden a letter like I have seen other bloggers do.  Written 8/8/2013.

Dear Brayden,
You are four months old. I can't imagine my life without you. I am so honored to be your mom.  Every night when I check on you in your crib while you are sleeping multiple times, I have to stop myself from picking you up to just hold you. You are growing way to fast for me. I get sad when I have to pack away clothes that you have out grown.  You are so much fun and so interactive.  You like to look in the mirror and talk to the baby there. You like to chew on anything especially your fist. You try to get the person holding you's finger in your mouth and you got poppop's today. Which shocked him. You like to coo a lot.  Sometimes it seems like you have a story to tell and you just keep going. A few weeks ago, the jeopardy teen tournament was on and you were staring intently at the tv and had a lot of cooing. I thought it was funny, so you would look at me smile and then stare intently again at jeopardy.  You love to lay on the floor on your gym mat and kick, coo, etc.  you get upset when the bars that hold the toys over you get in your way as you scoot and roll around. You roll on your side and try to get to your belly but that arm gets in your way.  The first time you rolled over was in the beginning of July at 3 months. When you did it the first time, you just laid there silent like you were trying to figure out what happened.  When I put you back on your back, you did it again and cried.  Almost like you were scared.  You didn't roll over completely again for three or four weeks. Now you do it a lot but that arm is a pain.  You love baths and move around a lot on your bath chair.  You love to lay on the changing table before and after bath with just your diaper waiting for belly raspberries, smelly feet, and other fun games.  We usually start getting ready for bed around 7 pm and you are usually ready to be in your crib by 8 pm. You sleep almost 12 hours waking around 7:45 or 8:00 am.  You wake up and lay in your crib making noise patiently.  You don't like your diaper changed when you first get up because you just want to eat, so you will fuss at me.   Then we go to my room and you eat. Unless we have an early appointment or something, we hang out on my bed and you entertain me with little games of peek a boo, patty cake, and etc.
You aren't much of a napper.  You take a nap around two hours after you wake up, usually 10 am.  It's usually 45 mins to an hour and the rest of the day it's twenty minute cat naps and maybe one more hour nap.  Most days you take a catnap around 6 pm and then go to bed at 8 pm.  You would probably nap longer if you were held the whole time!  You like to be held, have your pacifier in your mouth, and hide your head in the persons arm to hide the light to fall asleep for a nap.  One day you fell asleep on your mat while playing but not usually.
You just started cereal this week and you seem to like it. You will sit in your high chair for about fifteen minutes and make a big mess while smiling with cereal running down your face!  You go many places with me such as shopping, out to restaurants, parks, the beach house, and etc.  I have not taken you on the beach yet because I don't want sand all over you but we have done the inground pool and you seem to like it.
I have been home with you since you were born besides six quick days at the end of the year that you were with aunt Cindy.  Now at the end of the month, I return to work for a whole new school year. I am very sad.  I enjoy our slow pace relaxing time together, now it's going to be busy and limited time together. Our routine/Brayden ran schedule will change drastically, because I will have to start getting you up at 6:30 am.  I will miss your cute, adoring smile and your babbling during the day.  Just thinking about it makes me teary.  Next time we have a long break together will be Christmas and you will be eight months.  Oh time goes way to fast. I tell you everyday that I want to freeze you!
Thank you for being my sweet cuddly boy and bringing so much joy to my life! Love you, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment