I am feeling many different emotions today. I had my glucose test this am and during that I got teary. I was just thinking about how I wanted to hold my baby and not be waiting in a lab. Then I realize that the lab did rho- gram on me and I had already spoken with my doctor a few weeks ago and we decided there was no need. I am negative and so is the donor. Well the nurse practioner filled at the glucose paperwork and marked of rho-gram on the labs which I didn't catch. So after leaving the lab, I strolled downstairs and went to my ob office. I told the receptionist the story and she had me wait. The message I received through the receptionist from the nurse practitioner was that she would contact the lab to make sure I wasn't charged. I surprisingly remained calm, said thank you and left. I was proud of myself because I feel like I am moody, grumpy, and cranky since the beginning of the third trimester. I can't get comfortable. I can't sleep long periods. And I am not sure I like these kicks, punches, or whatever....sometimes they don't feel good!
After I left the hospital, i picked up lunch and ran a few errands as I made my way about a little less then an hour from home to visit a friend who just had a baby. The baby M was beautiful and little miss personality. It was great to catch up. But my friend mentioned some things about her labor or what she didn't do and I felt anxious later. 1. She didn't take a birthing class. I wasn't planning on it either. I don't feel the need to nor do I want to. I have been doing a little reading and watching online. 2. She had her mom, her dad, and the baby's dad in the room with her. Awkward! I definitely don't want to traumatized my dad that way! I just planned on it being my mom and maybe my sil if she is available. 3. She lives with her parents and she mentioned how it was nice to have them their after if needed. I am very independent and as long as I am physically capable, I just pictured it me and baby after....now I am stressing about it. This is when the old.....sucks to be single mentality comes back. But really how helpful are the dads afterwards.
I feel like this third trimester has messed with my hormones. I am definitely more emotional and anxious. I don't know if I can stand twelve more weeks of the anxious emo thoughts.
Hi Nicole. Thanks for posting on my blog. I have just added you to my list of blogs that I follow. I'm not sure why I haven't found you before. I'm looking forward to following your journey to meeting your new baby.
ReplyDeleteWhen I had SR, I had a doula, even though I was having a scheduled (requested) c-section. I also hired her back for this pregnancy as well. My mom cannot see me in any discomfort and freaks out a little too easily. My dad would be of no comfort to me at all. A doula was the only way to go.